Wednesday, 10 April 2013

Quilled Dove

      Hi again friends!
      Last  year i entered a Quilling competition ,
      I created a Dove with olive leaves made completely
      from copier papers.
      It was another project which took a long time.   Like my Quilled Fawn                                                      
  

    This is my entry on display at the Quilling guild in
    lutterworth.
                                                                                     
                                                                                 
    I started by printing a clip art of a dove,and placed 
    it on blue card.I then drew around it to give me an
    idea of the shape of its body
                                                                             

    I worked inside the drawing and filled it with marquises
   and did a bit of beehive Quilling to show the wings.

   For the tail i used folded strips.


I won second place in the  category ( 11-15 yrs)




Thanks for reading! :D


9 comments:

வை.கோபாலகிருஷ்ணன் said...

VERY VERY NICE ! CONGRATULATIONS !! ALL THE BEST !!!

Mahi said...

That's a beautiful dove! Congrats Sharon!

Reusing with Quilling said...

Congratulations ! Fab Quilling !

chillin with Quillin said...

really beautiful, congrats !!!!
Paula

கீதமஞ்சரி said...

Wonderful! The dove looks like a real one. Congrats!

ManuK said...

Congratulations, Sharon! The dove is very beautiful!

So nice to see such talented young quillers, keep up the good work!

Happy Quilling!
Manuela

SUGANTHI said...

You are such a talented quiller. Your dove looks stunning I am not surprised you won.

athira said...

Congrats Sharon, super work.

Christine Thamotheram said...

That dove is totally awesome. Great quilling. Love to see you comment at my blog so that you will have more people visiting to admire your work.
http://ajourneyintoquilling.blogspot.com
Chris